Working Operations Supervisor. City of Bassett is seeking a candidate to supervise working operations of the city (water, sewer, street, parks, cemetery and others). The following criteria will be considered in evaluating candidates:
- Possession of Grade 3 or better water license, or ability to obtain a Grade 3 within 1 year of employment.
- Possession of Grade 2 or better sewer license, or ability to obtain a Grade 2 within 1 year of employment.
- Applicants must have a Class B CDL license, or obtain one within 1 year of employment.
- Skills in maintenance and repairs to water and sewer systems.
- Skills in the installation of water and sewer systems.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment such as loader, backhoe, grader, dump trucks, etc.
- Commercial applicators license for ornamental turf and right of ways and public health pest control (mosquitos). Must hold at least one license and ability to obtain others within 1 year of employment.
Beginning salary will depend on experience and qualifications – projected between $20.00 and $28.00 per hour. A starting salary at the top end of the scale will require experience in a municipal water or sewer department and the ability to quickly assume a leadership position. The City provides a highly competitive benefits package including full family health coverage, with contribution to HSA account and up to an 8% deferred compensation contribution to a 457 plan. A City Application must be completed, which may be supplemented with a resume. Application materials will be received until March 1, 2015. Applications are available at City Hall, P.O. Box 383, Bassett, NE 68714 or by calling 402-684-3338. EOE www.bassettnebr.com